Effective Parenting Initiative
Projects and early intervention services aimed at providing parental education for parents and caregivers struggling in their parental skills, this is NEI’s landmark. We offer positive parenting skills, child protection awareness, health and well being programmes, first aid training and education for parents and caregivers to reduce the number of children subject to child protection plans or being removed from their families and placed in the care.
- Parents and carers will acquire positive knowledge in improving parental skills
- Investing in early intervention and preventive projects to reduce child abuse
- Parents achieving better skills and knowledge to prevent removal of children from their care
- The community will gain a full understanding of the effects of child abuse and how to protect children
- Parents will receive support and information on child protection issues at the NEI Centre for Parenting Education
Effective Parenting Initiative Seminars and Workshop programmes
The Effective Parenting Seminars and Workshops programmes are embeded in the work of New Era Initiative. Some of the topics we discuss in our seminars include:
- Behavioural Management Skills - parents and children
- Anger Management Skills - parents and children
- Safety in the home
- The three Ps in parenting
- Child Protection Act
- Rights of the child as enshrined in the UN convention act
- Mental Health Management Skills
First Aid in Parenting
First Aid for Parents and Families is a project intended to educate, create the awareness and importance of First Aid for parents and Families.
This project is intended to reduce the number of infants and children who attend A&E which according to statistics in a typical year up to 50% of infants fewer than 12 months and 25% of older children will attend A&E.
Who should attend?
This project is aimed at Parents/Carers and families. Designed in partnership with organisations within the childcare sector and delivered by knowledgeable professionals with experience in the medical field this hour course equips participants with the skills, knowledge and confidence to deal with common accidents.
The project also gives parents/carers and families the understanding the role and responsibilities of the first aider.
- To be able to assess an emergency situation safely.
- To be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child:
- Who is unresponsive and breathing normally, including child and infant resuscitation
- Who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- With external bleeding
- With injuries to bones, joints and muscles.
Understand how to administer emergency first aid to an infant and a child with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness:
- Sickle cell crisis
- Diabetic emergencies
- Asthma attack
- Allergic reaction
- Febrile convulsions.
- What is First Aid
- What should I have in my First Aid box
- First Aid Hygiene
- Dealing with allergies
- Recovery position
- Bleeds and burns
- Dealing with convulsions/seizures